Home » Curriculum & Methodology

Curriculum & Methodology

Curriculum


The schools follow the curriculum prescribed by the Central Board of Secondary Education.Along with the compulsory First language English and second language Hindi, students are given a choice between Marathi and Sanskrit as the third language from classes V to VIII.

As per the CBSE guidelines, the assessments are based on CCE or the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation using both formal and non-formal techniques.

For classes I to III, there are no formal summative examinations held and their annual report is based on a series of formative assessments.

For classes IV to X, 60% of the annual assessments are formative in nature and the remaining 40% assessments are summative.

Along with the academic content, the curriculum comprises of a rich co-curricular part which includes music, dance, art, craft, sports, computers,Foundation of Information Technology, projects, excursions and other activities. Regular sessions of Quality Circle Time and School Cinema are taken up to ensure growth in emotional and social component of the child’s personality.

The examinations are :

1. AISSE or the All India Secondary School Examination which the students take at the end of standard X.
Subjects: English Communicative, Hindi Course B, Sanskrit Communicative, Mathematics, Science, Social Science.
2.AISSCE or the All India Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination is what  the student takes at the end of standard XII.

The subjects offered at this level are :

Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, English Core, Physical Education, Computer Science,Informatics Practices, Multimedia and Web Technology, Economics, Business Studies, Accountancy, History, Political Science, Psychology, Engineering Drawing, Creative Writing and Translation.

 

 Methodology


methodology, centre point school Nagpur

We at Centre Point believe in making every learning experience joyful for the child. While planning the methodology to transact the curriculum, the “Joy Quotient” is kept as the top priority. The instruction comprises both formal and non-formal teaching techniques. Role play, hands on activities, labs, projects are a regular feature of the lesson plans.

The choice of teaching methods to be used depends largely on the information or skill that is being taught, and is influenced by the aptitude and enthusiasm of the students. The teaching is supported by teaching aids and technology. Every class is equipped with e-boards with suitable teaching software to make the lessons interesting and their impact long lasting.

Project approach to consolidate the concepts through real life experience is an integral part of the teaching in primary classes. Here, the teacher becomes a facilitator and children learn by experience and discovery. Mathematics, Science, Hindi and Social Studies labs are provided for the children to explore and understand the concepts taught in classrooms.